Saturday, August 31, 2013

Do you find it easy or difficult to write for clients?

hello everybody,

I hope everyone is having a terrific labor day weekend.

I was thinking this morning about the difference between writing for your own or and writing content for a client's , for example.

When you're writing an article, , a or even , it's so much easier when it's your own writing, isn't it?  After all, we're most comfortable with ourselves.

Then when you're faced with creating content for a client's website, blog or other information, do you find it's harder or just as easy?

for myself, I suppose I'd have to say it depends.  When I'm lucky enough to get a project that falls within my areas of interest or expertise, it's much easier.  However, as is so often the case, there will be a client who needs something created that, although possibly familiar to me, is not necessarily an area in which I'm totally comfortable.

I have to say, however, that I do enjoy this.  Because I long ago learned a great secret to branching out into new fields of interest or learning.  And that secret is: do not worry.  Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

What I mean by don't worry in this case is that if you approach a new subject with the mind set that you may not know all you need to now, but are confident the knowledge will come to you soon, you will be amazed at how fast you learn and how many new ideas appear.

I have always found this useful, especially when learning a new programming language.  I really enjoy the challenge of delving into a new and unknown world.  And I find that my writing skills grow even stronger the more I challenge them.

What have been your experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment